Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For queen, country, and a little bit of sleep

I am a stay-at-home dad. Most would love to just stay at home and just take care of things at the house. I cannot even begin to describe how much I am not that person. I am a worker. I have worked consistently at some type of job since I was 15 and before that I worked at a Christmas tree farm seasonally for three years. So I've always worked. So for me to stay cooped up in a house all day is maddening. I do serve as a worship leader at a local church so that does allow me to get out out of the house a couple of days a week. Otherwise it's garbage, dishes, floors, diapers, babyfood, rinse repeat. There are benefits to this. I have been able to see my daughter grow and learn and become a little person and I would not trade a second of that time I've been able to spend with her. I admit that as a child/teenager/young adult I had it easy. My mom and dad really took care of me and my sister. The chores we had to do were nominal in comparison to what some kids do. So needless to say, but I'm a little spoiled when it comes to house work. Add to fact I just don't like being inside it's not a recipe for success. I'm trying to make the best of it. Hattie, out little girl, is waking up and it's time to get the ball rolling with rice cereal and milk. Then it's cleaning the floors and windows and doing the laundry. Sometimes I think I hear little mice singing in the background...but that may just be floor squeaking...who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment